Monday, September 19, 2011 6:32 PM Mikael Sand

Use English in BTSNTSvc.exe.config

A new experience for me today: You have to use English in the config-file for BizTalk. The thing was that we store some custom settings in the <appSettings>-tag. Quite useful in this particular scenario. So I added some information in Swedish (using the letter ö) and later restarted a host-instance.

I got this error message:


It reads:

A failure occurred when executing a Windows service request.
Service request: Start
BizTalk host name: BizTalkServerApplication
Windows service name: BTSSvc$BizTalkServerApplication
Additional error information:
Error code: 0xc0c0153a
Error source: BizTalk Server 2009
Error description: A BizTalk subservice has failed while executing a service request.
Subservice: XLANG/s
Service request: Start

Note that it’s XLANG/s that does not start.

It took me a while to figure out but it was due to the ö. The strange thing is that the letter was used in a comment! So even there you have to use English.

Filed under: ,


No Comments